Monday, April 30, 2007

Re: Weekend with Grandma

Amelia spent the weekend with Nana Sue and, for a little while, she was a handful! Amelia did great at the buffet where we, Greg, Mom, April (my cousin), and myself ate. Then, April and Mom, along with Amelia, went to Wal-mart where, I hear, Amelia woke up and was a terror. She, apparently, had a pretty good crying fit and the fit did not stop until 8pm that night. There was a moment when my Mom called me around 7:30 asking "How did I make it stop?" referring to Amelia's crying. I warmed Mom that Amelia becomes really fussy in the evenings. But, eventually, Amelia fell asleep in her car seat (as suggested by Sandy).

On Sunday, when Greg and I drove down to pick Amelia up, Mom asked if she could stay a little longer! I was surprised she asked since she had some challenges the night before. But, it sounds like Amelia has fallen in love with Van and Van with Amelia. According to Mom, Amelia would follow Van with such intent when he was around. But, since I was unprepared to have Amelia stay longer plus there was no advance notice to give April (the babysitter)which I felt was kinda unfair. But, I told Mom and Van that there will be plenty of opportunities this summer for Amelia to spend with them on an extended time frame.

No comments: